[TriLUG] rPath Tech Writer position available

Elliot Peele elliot at rpath.com
Thu Feb 21 18:09:08 EST 2008

rPath, Inc. is seeking a Technical Writer to join our team.  We're
changing the face of computing; for that we need your help.

We're looking for people with real-world experience describing complex
technical concepts to audiences of varying experience levels.  In other
words, if you find yourself delving into the latest technology and then
explaining it to your friends for the fun of it, you're the kind of
person we're looking for.

Writing samples will be requested, so be prepared to give us online
pointers, emails bulging with attached PDFs, or even an offer of a
FedEx'ed package full of manuals.

This position is located in Raleigh, NC -- if you're not local, you must
be willing to relocate.

Still interested?  You'll need to be able to say "yes" to the following:

    o 2+ years experience documenting complex technical subject matter,
      from initial concept through final editing (in either a corporate
      or open source community setting)

    o A well-developed writing style

    o Strong spelling, grammar, and writing

    o The ability to edit and perform peer reviews of others' work

    o Solid Linux experience (either as part of your day job or your
      after-hours hacking)

    o Tool-agnostic approach to content delivery

    o The ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment (this is a
      startup, after all)

Any of the following would be a definite plus:

    o Linux system administration experience -- even if it's just your
      own system(s)

    o Familiarity with one or more software packaging technologies (such
      as Conary, RPM, and dpkg)

    o Familiarity with wikis in general and MediaWiki in particular

    o CSS experience

Did we just describe you?  If so, let's talk!  If you make the grade,
you'll be working with some of the best and brightest the industry has
to offer.

Elliot