[TriLUG] Piece of History

Warren Weber wrweber at hufta.net
Fri Feb 22 19:19:25 EST 2008

On 22 Feb 2008 at 18:25, Judy Hallman wrote:

> Well, this is conversation is fun!

Hey, this is getting fun!  I lost track of who first mentioned TUCC, but
that was my second programming experience (first was on a
University's PDP-10 using BASIC while in high school).  Looking back
on what a tremendous computing environment that was (at the time), I
remember the experience I had when working on a group project
where the first person wrote a hardware simulator, the second wrote
an operating system simulator to run on top of it, and the third wrote a
higher-level systems package to run on top of both.  Being the third
person, I had to wait for the first two to complete.  When I submitted
my first attempt I was told that my job was too big to run there
(TUCC).  The message went on to say that it didn't fail because there
was something wrong with my job, just that it was too big.  It
suggested submitting the job to some other university (in New York,
maybe?) to see if it would run there.  Needless to say, this was my
first experience documenting vaporware.  :-)

Warren

--

I know there’s money in horses. I put it there!

Warren Weber
wrweber at hufta.net
http://www.hufta.net