[TriLUG] the future of programming (was Piece of History)

Kevin J. mrkevinj at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 24 14:57:36 EST 2008

As I read through these posts, I can't help but wonder what the future of programming will look like. Given that kids today will likely receive Windows Vista (aka, TV on steroids), or an Apple Mac (aka, unix-based TV on steroids), it's hard to imagine that *any* good programmers will develop from this TV-driven culture we live in.

Personally, I think the only decent programmers of tomorrow will come from the kids (mostly elsewhere in the world) who grew up using Linux.

Kevin