[TriLUG] Recommendations for Linux bare metal restore

jason tower jtower at cerient.net
Thu Mar 6 10:03:10 EST 2008

not sure if it's still active but arkeia had a bare-metal restore
feature iirc.  plus i found a neat article on it :)

http://www.linux-mag.com/id/2052

but ron is right, dd+ssh or g4u both make perfect bit for bit copies of
block devices.  i've used dd+ssh dozens, maybe hundreds of times over
the years without fail.