[TriLUG] OT: RSA Securid - how does it work?

Ron Joffe rjoffe at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 9 19:05:44 EDT 2008

On Sunday 09 March 2008 16:48, Kevin Flanagan wrote:
> They did, but there aren't any tokens out there that were put out before
> 2000, it's not relevant for what they do.

We had an early version of the token (it was a thick credit card sized device)
back in '95. You couldn't place it in your wallet since the display would
break with too much pressure. We were replacing the cards on a monthly basis
do to failures at that time.

I do not recall if those had an expiration date or not. Some one at the office
did take one apart that had succumbed to a drop or something similar, and as
I recall internally was only one chip, and a few analog components.

Ron