[TriLUG] OT: RSA Securid - how does it work?

David Black dave at jamsoft.com
Sun Mar 9 19:09:43 EDT 2008

Three years was the typical lifetime of tokens before 2005 or so, when I
believe they started making 5 yr. tokens (higher priced of course).

I first worked with the RSA SecurID system in 1995, when the server side
only ran on Solaris.  At that time and through about 2003-4 the token
design was like a 1/8" thick credit card with a glass front and the
goodies epoxied into a shallow metal tray.

Dave