[TriLUG] Free SPARC systems

Bill Vinson bill at vinsonweb.com
Wed Mar 12 11:34:16 EDT 2008

I have a number of older SPARC systems that I no longer have need of.
The list consists of a couple of SPARC 5 systems, a SPARC Ultra 1, an
IPX, a Classic, some external drive bays (SCSI HD, a tape, a CD-ROM).
I also have a an Sun monitor that will work. I may even have some
keyboards & mice lying around, but I don't believe I have transceivers
to get these on to 10Base-T networks (I'll look).

Some of these were gifts and somewhere were bought from the NC State
surplus sales. I doubt they're worth much or anything at this point
(nor can I guarantee they still work), but I'd like to see if anyone
wants them. I figured giving them away to someone interested in
learning Solaris (I believe I have media for a couple of older
releases) or Linux on SPARC would be the best bet.

So, if you want some free systems to learn Solaris or Linux on SPARC
on, please just reply or drop me a line. You just need to come to
Holly Springs to get them (we're just south of Apex).

Thanks,
Bill
bill at vinsonweb.com