[TriLUG] domain registrars

Paul McLanahan pmclanahan at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 08:44:43 EDT 2008

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 11:30 PM, Alan Porter <porter at trilug.org> wrote:
>  (1) They spam me with the GoDaddy news... as if they
>  could have ANY news I would care about.  Email filter
>  solves that one.

True. Not a huge fan of that either.

>  (2) Their interface is getting very crowded and noisy.
>  They just cram more and more junk in that limited space.
>  No, I am not interested in the hot hot deals or the hot
>  hot racing babe, just let me change my MX records, thank
>  you.

Also true. Thankfully, once you get past the crazy home page, the
domain management interface is much more clean and useful. Do you have
your name servers with them too? I have my DNS hosted elsewhere
because I couldn't find where they would host that without also buying
one of their hosting plans, which I don't need. If they do offer DNS
hosting along with a domain but without a web hosting account, then
they do a very poor job of advertising that.

Also, I have no personal qualms with hot racing babes. Just sayin' ;)

--
Paul McLanahan
paulm.us

"I am just absolutely convinced that the best formula for giving us
peace and preserving the American way of life is freedom, limited
government, and minding our own business overseas."

 - Ron Paul