[TriLUG] OT: Old Solaris "Command"?

Scott Lambdin lopaki at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 08:51:10 EDT 2008

yes still in 10

NAME
     sys-unconfig - undo a system's configuration

SYNOPSIS
     /usr/sbin/sys-unconfig

DESCRIPTION
     The sys-unconfig command is used to restore a system's  con-
     figuration to an "as-manufactured" state, ready to be recon-
     figured again. The system's configuration consists of  host-
     name,   Network   Information  Service  (NIS)  domain  name,
     timezone, IP address, IP subnet  mask,  and  root  password.
     This  operation  is  the  inverse  of those performed by the
     sysidnet(1M), sysidns(1M), and sysidsys(1M) programs run  at
     boot. See sysidtool(1M).

On 3/13/08, David Black <dave at jamsoft.com> wrote:

> Warren Weber wrote:
>
> > around an old Solaris "command" to have the system ask you the
> > startup questions all over at boot.  We both believe it was something
> > along the lines of /etc/.UNCONFIG -- anyone remember that?  Our big
>
> sys-unconfig
>
> > question, however, is -- is there the same functionality in the current
> > Solaris?
> >
> > Warren
>
> I remembered the command but not if it's still in Solaris 10.  A quick
> search says yes.
>
> Dave

CILCIL