[TriLUG] old computer stuff - Free as in Beer, Freedom, and Puppies

Barry Gaskins barry.gaskins at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 09:41:39 EDT 2008

   I have an entire room full of old computer stuff and now my wife
has found a better use for the room.  So I have to get rid of it.
When I say old I mean that the best cpu box is a dell optiplex GX1
with a 450 MHz pentium II and the worst is a 486 box and everything in
between.  I have over 200 cpu boxes so if I try to take it to the dump
they will not believe me when I say I am a non commercial user unless
I try to take them a few at a time every week and then it will take me
over a year.

   So I am going to give all the stuff away "free".  If you want the
best cpu box then I will also want you to take one of the lesser ones
too.  I have keyboards and mice and some old monitors but I will not
let you have one unless you take one of the cpu boxes too.

   I also have tons of power cords and cables and some network boxes
(10 mbit not 100 mbit) and some barcode scanners that you hook up to a
computer keyboard.  Again if you want any of that stuff I will also
want you to take a cpu box too so that I can get rid of it.

   All of this stuff is old and I got it from the NCSU surplus
equipment sale.   All of the hard drives have been erased or removed
so no Windows OS installed (you guys dont care about that I hope). I
also have a bunch of Sun equipment (sparc 4, sparc 5, ultra 1, ultra
5, ultra 10).

   I live on highway 50 south of Garner almost to the Johnston county
line. That is near exit 312 off Interstate 40.

   If anyone is interested in coming over to look at / get any or all
of this stuff then send me an email off list at
barry.gaskins at gmail.com or call my cell phone 906-5499.

   If you are wondering if I have something in particular then send me
an email and I will look to see if I have it.

  Thanks
   Barry Gaskins