[TriLUG] Change GID

James Tuttle jjtuttle at trilug.org
Tue Mar 18 16:56:22 EDT 2008

Hi,

I realize that my last thread, symbolic links and rsync, failed to grasp
the nature of the error and was thus misnamed.  I discovered that the
Samba mount command in /etc/fstab was forcing UID 10, which on this
machine is uucp.  I've found it much easier to work between various
machines by synchronizing the UIDs and GIDs.  I'd like to change the GID
of my local group uucp, but am worried about screwing something up.  Any
tips on how I might change the GID without wrecking my desktop?

Thanks,
Jim

---Jim Tuttle