[TriLUG] rdesktop any good?

Roy Vestal rvestal at trilug.org
Wed Mar 19 16:00:53 EDT 2008

Roy Vestal wrote:
> Christopher L Merrill wrote:
>
>> Anyone use rdesktop for connecting to XP, vista and/or server 2003
>> machines?  How well does it work?  Is it reliable?  Work over VPNs?
>>
>> I use Windows remote desktop quite a bit to access other systems
>> here and I need to know if that will still be viable if I switch
>> to Linux instead of Vista for my next laptop.
>>
>> TIA!
>>

> Works fine for me. I use it daily for my servers. 2003/XP

One follow up, you can use these options to set it the way you want.
These are what I use:
rdesktop -g 1280x1024 -u username servername

if you're like me and have dual screens greater than 1280x1024, then
this works great. I use the -u when I need to connect as someone other
than myself, mainly when I need to be adminstrator so I do not have to
type it in.

The -g is a great option once you figure out what you want.