[TriLUG] for a couple of servers, in house or colocate?

Tim Jowers timjowers at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 08:09:02 EDT 2008

      What is the maximum latency by day of week at your current colo? At
the network provider? I do not know if anyone tracks this but I know from
testing on TimeWarner residential it can go towards 15 seconds when the
system is loaded (Sunday afternoon for instance). I guess a way to get at
this might be to ask the colo/access provider if they host any high demand
sites. I haven't dug into this but a latency estimate or hourly graph is
what I'd like to see from potential access providers.

TimJowers