[TriLUG] OpenWRT Needs to Reboot?

Randy Barlow randy at electronsweatshop.com
Mon Mar 24 18:58:06 EDT 2008

Periodically, I need to reboot my Linksys WRT54Gv2 running OpenWRT 0.9
(White Russian).  These reboots are necessary for one of two reasons: 1)
the wireless stops working, and 2) my port forwarding rules stop
working.  Rebooting the router (i.e., unplug and replug) always solves
the problem, but I wonder why it happens at all in the first place.
It's not all too often (probably once every 3-4 weeks) but when I'm away
from my house and I can't get in to my machine because of the port
forwarding problem it's frustrating.  Anybody else ever have this
problem?  I suppose I could try a newer version of OpenWRT.  I've also
considered reverting to Linksys' software and setting up a computer as
the router (to implement more complex port forwarding rules, DNS, and QoS).

--
Randy Barlow
http://electronsweatshop.com