[TriLUG] Apache2 / PHP / MySQL Help?

Justis Peters jtrilug at indythinker.com
Tue Mar 25 15:25:42 EDT 2008

Brian McCullough wrote:
> I also tried reinstalling the php4 and php4-mysql packages.
>
> Still no joy.
Brian,

Unless the best joy is to conquer the obstacle directly in front of you,
can you find another way to get to your goal?  Perhaps you could create
a virtual machine, install a fresh OS, and continue your configuration
from there.  There are quite a few distros that will give you the whole
LAMP stack as a simple install target (e.g. "apt-get install php-server"
or something like that).  You can even download quite a few pre-built
virtual appliances that already have a LAMP stack configured.  Here's a
starting point:
  http://www.rpath.org/rbuilder/project/lamp/

There are probably other LAMP appliances on rPath, as well.  You can
also check out the VMTN community at VMware, but their appliances are
built only for VMware.  At rPath, you tend to get builds for a large
variety of virtualization platforms.

Best of luck.  I hope you find your joy soon.

Kind regards,
Justis Peters