[TriLUG] BackupPC tutorial

Alan Porter porter at trilug.org
Thu Mar 27 09:12:10 EDT 2008

One of the perennial topics on this list is backups.  There's a lot
of support in the group for rsync and backuppc.  Today, I ran across
a pretty nice tutorial on setting up backuppc.

I use backuppc at home and also at "the oven place".  It's easy to set
up, easy to run, and it does not complain much.  I highly recommend it
for home or for a small office.

This article was written specifically for Debian systems, but the
concepts apply everywhere (although I will warn that I've tried it
on Fedora systems, and I missed the apache/backuppc integration that
the Debian package maintainers have done).

And by the way, this site is a pretty good resource for tips and
tricks, especially if you are a Debian or Ubuntu user.  It's a
fairly low volume site, just a handful of posts per month.

Alan

.