[TriLUG] hands-on Eee

Tom Roche Tom_Roche at pobox.com
Sun Mar 30 20:40:13 EDT 2008

Douglas Ward Thu Mar 27 12:35:46 EDT 2008
 > I saw a big [Asus] Eee pc display at the computer shop next to the
 > Alltel store on Walnut Street in Cary.  Don't remember the name of
 > the pc shop,

Anything PC
http://www.anythingpc.net/index.html

Doesn't have hours on their site, but IIRC they're MTHF 10-8, W 10-6,
S 10-4, closed U.

 > It's in the big Best Buy shopping center across the street from
 > Crossroads Ford.

Correct. When I went in Saturday, I didn't see a big display, but they
did have a 4G available for use (though not on wireless, alas), so I
was able to ascertain that

* the screen, though definitely small, is usable

* the keyboard will take some getting used to

* performance seemed snappy (with the caveat that it wasn't really
   networking)

* Xandros is not too weird

FWIW, Tom Roche <Tom_Roche at pobox.com>