[TriLUG] spam attack help?

Douglas Ward dward at nccumc.org
Wed Apr 2 11:37:29 EDT 2008

We ran graylisting here for about 1300 accounts and it was a minor
disaster.  Large e-mail providers (hotmail, bellsouth, etc...) use multiple
outgoing mail servers when sending mail.  We were graylisting the same
message two or three times because of this.  It would take 12 hours plus for
a message to finally make it.  I heard there were ways around this but had
to give it up because of the uproar it caused.  Maybe there is a way around
that issue now?