[TriLUG] [Trilug-announce] April 10 Meeting - This Thursday! - "5 big ideas of ibiblio, 3 laws of ibiblio"

Matt Frye mattfrye at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 08:10:22 EDT 2008

Please join us for our next meeting on April 10, 2008 at 7pm at Red Hat,
1801 Varsity Dr, Raleigh. Directions are available at
http://www.redhat.com/about/contact/ww/americas/raleigh.html .  Our speaker
will be Paul Jones, founder and director of ibiblio.  This meeting will also
kick off our 2008 membership drive, so if you need a membership, need a
membership card, or need a shell account, join us!

About our speaker:

For the past 15 years, ibiblio has remained one of the major brands in the
Open Source ecosystem providing services to over 3,000 projects in Open
Source and Open Information. A center for collaboration, innovation and
service, ibiblio (as sunsite.unc.edu and later as metalab.unc.edu) pioneered
website hosting, Internet radio, network-distributed Linux distributions ,
and other ground- breaking activities.

PaulJones, founder and director of ibiblio.org, will talk about how the Big
Ideas are put into practice and how they have played out in such
specific projects as Project Gutenberg, Groklaw, Degree Confluence,
eTree.org, The Linux Documentation Project, Roger McGuinn's Folk Den and
other ibiblio-hosted and supported projects.

Doors open at 6:45.  This meeting begins around 7pm and is expected to end
by 9pm.

Best,
Matt Frye