[TriLUG] Looking for a small Linux

Ron Joffe rjoffe at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 8 20:31:35 EDT 2008

On Tuesday 08 April 2008 18:45, Jason S. Evans wrote:
> We go to an external website that runs an ActiveX script to see if we are
> running a software Firewall and an Antivirus and with updated  virus
> definitions.  If all is well, then I log in remotely via citrix.  Getting
> the citrix client to work is easy.  Fooling the ActiveX script isn't.
>
> Jason

Please pass this on to the powers that be.

http://www.linux.com/feature/48330

Quoting wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security_theatre)

"Security theater has been defined as ostensible security measures which have
little real influence on security whilst being publicly visible and designed
to demonstrate to the lesser-informed that countermeasures have been
considered. "

Ron