[TriLUG] Time Warner Business Class

Ron Joffe rjoffe at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 9 21:57:34 EDT 2008

From my personal experience RR Business class is completely different. Yes
it's the same wires, but everything in the backend seems to be different:

- Different DNS servers (that have much better uptime/performance then the
residential class)

- Different Support organization that doesn't treat you like an idiot, and
gives you someone who actually understands networking.

- Very fast response for issues. Last year we had someone cut the line into
our neighborhood. Neighbors (residential RR) called and they told them
someone would be out there on Wednesday (cut occurred on Saturday). I called,
there was someone there that afternoon.

I had RR Residential for 4 years, and RR Commercial for the last 4 years.

Now I will have to add a caveat, that this seems to be completely geographic
based. I am in Chapel Hill, and some of my employees in other parts of the
state have had horrendous RR Business Class issues.

My 2cents,

Ron