[TriLUG] OT: hard drive recovery

Amnon amnon at deltaforce.net
Tue Apr 22 21:53:47 EDT 2008

I used Recovermyfiles last week.  The drive was not recognized by the OS (xp) so
I very carefully FDISK'ed it, and formatted it, YES, it took a lot to do it :-)
and then the recovermyfiles program, recovered all the files the customer had on
it previously.  So when they say that a drive is not erased when you do an fdisk
and format, believe it !!!

Another one is getdataback, which claims to recognize drives that are not
recognized by the OS.

Both are commercial products, less than $100.00, and you can download a trial
copy to see what it will find, before spending the money.