[TriLUG] Encryption on linux

Paul G. Szabady paul at thyservice.com
Thu Apr 24 13:22:06 EDT 2008

Greetings,

I need to encrypt (3DES) a fairly large (~1.3TB) NFS mounted directory
to a "local disk" to send offsite.  This will be a one time process.
I'm considering the use of rsyncrypto.  Does anyone have any experience
doing this?  If so, I'm looking for recommendations on tool(s) to use
and any estimate on how long it might take.  I know there are a lot of
factors involved, but if you could tell give me a rough idea and what
your setup was (ie: NetApp over NFS, direct attached drive shelf with
1GB fiber channel, etc).

Thanks!

--
Paul