[TriLUG] [eee] post-install, grub OK from external stick but not from internal SSD

Brian McCullough bdmc at bdmcc-us.com
Thu Apr 24 14:45:38 EDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 02:17:48PM -0400, Tom Roche wrote:

> Brian McCullough Thu Apr 24 13:45:44 EDT 2008
>  > What you want to do is ( after resurrecting grub on the SSD )
>
> How? Is there a way short of restoring the factory install, i.e.
> blowing away the (fairly extensively customized) eeeXandros on the
> SSD?

Sorry, I guess that got lost in the mess.  I saw somebody answer this
one a few days ago.

Once you are properly logged into the SSD ( actually, you should be able
to use either one, but I would prefer the SSD copy ) enter, as root, the
following command at your command prompt:

grub-install /dev/sda1 ( If I am remembering correctly, sda1 is the
correct root drive when you are logged in to the SSD. )

Brian