[TriLUG] SLED reflections?

Scott G. Hall ScottGHall at BellSouth.Net
Mon Apr 28 09:32:55 EDT 2008

I think it is rock solid.  I have a laptop dual booting SuSE 10.1 ED
and Ubuntu 7.10 D.  I find that the SuSE side is more stable and less
prone to faulting with software at work.  I use the Ubuntu side purely
for its availability of the latest kernel, playing the latest drivers,
and the project I am working is a driver for later Linux kernels
(Suse 10.1 ED is using 2.6.16 and Ubuntu 7.10 E is using 2.6.22) -- I
am tasked specifically with updating a driver that compiles and runs
in the older kernel and development tools, but not in the newer one.
(Runs great under SuSE ED and Red Hat EE-D, but not in other distros
using more recent kernels).

--
Scott G. Hall
Raleigh, NC, USA