[TriLUG] [offtopic] Considering a move to RDU area

Greg Brown gwbrown1 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 19:04:07 EDT 2008

So this thread got way off-center.  What I do want to say is please do
consider the area for relocation.  I moved to Raleigh nearly 18 years ago
with the intention of finishing college and getting the heck out.  I never
did leave and this place has really grown on me, quite a bit in fact.  In
the time I've lived here I've seen a lot of a changes, most for the good,
some for the bad.  The downtown areas of Durham and Raleigh have revitalized
quite a bit.  Chapel Hill is a fun town too, but it is what I think of as
more of a traditional college town.  That's not a slight against, CH, it's a
fine place in its own right.

My only suggestion would be to find the job you want first and the the house
second.  You might be attracted to houses in, say, Apex but you'll grow to
dislike your commute if you work in RTP or Durham, for instance.  Other
commute can be long (as mine is) but with less traffic.  It all depends on
what you want and what you can afford.

Greg