[TriLUG] OT: seeking persons for old time jam

David McDowell turnpike420 at gmail.com
Thu May 15 08:43:42 EDT 2008

I'm also looking for Larry Karnowski... I know he's around here somewhere!  :)

Hey gang, I know this is quite OT, but lots of us IT people tend to be
musically inclined as well.  I've created a facebook group "Raleigh
Old Time Jam".  I'm just a beginner, only knowing 7 tunes on the
banjo, learning #8, but I wanted to try to get a little back porch
acoustic jam going.  If you have facebook and are into playing old
time music, just go find that group.  If not, you should jump on the
bandwagon then find that group.  LOL!  Anyway, the idea is for a
weekly old time jam on the porch at JAX (corner of Avent Ferry and
Gorman) on Wednesdays.  Instruments - banjo, fiddle, guitar, dulcimer,
bass, mandolin, etc.  It is open to everyone beginner to advanced.  If
you have any questions, please reply off-list.

thanks,
David McDowell