[TriLUG] OT: RR Bandwidth Increase

Greg Brown gwbrown1 at gmail.com
Mon May 26 20:56:22 EDT 2008

6760 kbs down and 357 kbs up.  I like any and all speed increases.  I should
say the following though:

As a person with cable modems in both the Charter and Time Warner systems I
can say that Time Warner needs to work much better.  Charter is really
hit-or-miss with connectivity and there have been entire days when my
fastest cable speeds would be in the 200 kbs down, 50 kbs up speeds.  Really
terrible though the Charter service has been improving in terms of
reliability.

My parents have a cablem modem on Cox Communication's "basic" service.
Their speed?  17,000+ down and 512 kbs up.  That's right: 17 meg down.
Unreal.

Greg