[TriLUG] OT: Guns

Jim Tuttle jjtuttle at trilug.org
Thu May 29 13:59:20 EDT 2008

I'm thinking about buying a Glock 22, but have never fired either a
Glock or a .40S&W pistol.  Anyone know where I can try one?  A couple of
larger questions I have are 1) are there any recommended ranges in the
area and 2) anyone ever take a pistol course in the area?

I've got a very small 9mm and was thinking about a .45ACP, a caliber I
have experience with, but the Glock 22 seems pretty highly recommended.
 However, in a crisis (such as a zombie attack), it seems like a more
common caliber would be much more useful, thus recommending a .45.  I
was thinking of the Glock 21.

Also, anyone have a concealed carry permit in the area?

Thanks,
Jim

N.B. I'm writing this email to TriLug because, while the topic is
clearly not on-topic, I have the notion that libertarian-types also like
guns.  The same cannot, I believe, be said about librarians.
libertarian != librarian.

---Jim Tuttle