[TriLUG] OT: Guns

Paul McLanahan pmclanahan at gmail.com
Thu May 29 16:25:05 EDT 2008

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 3:26 PM, Jim Tuttle <jjtuttle at trilug.org> wrote:

> I talked to the people at Personal Defense & Handgun Safety Center, Inc.
> and they have a .40 XD, which looks great.

I have the SA XD .40 as well. I haven't owned it for long, and am new to the
area, so I can't comment too much on it, but it did stand out in all my
pre-purchase research. I bought mine in GA, so I also can't comment on local
retailers, but if there is an "Academy" sporting goods store around here,
they have both the Glocks and the SAs and I found their prices to be decent.

I didn't get the ported model, though I did want to try one. Since I
couldn't find one to try at the range, and since I couldn't find one to
purchase locally either, I ended up w/ the non-ported service model. I'm
very happy with it so far.

I'm also interested in finding a good store / range around the triangle. So,
thanks for the info guys!

Paul