[TriLUG] OT - TWC bandwidth caps on the way?

David Black dave at jamsoft.com
Tue Jun 3 14:59:59 EDT 2008

This isn't an endorsement for Sprint, but at a Raleigh IT show about a
year ago I attended an info-seminar put on by their wireless division.

They were touting EV-DO rev. A and with it, on-net ping times on par
with cable and DSL - IIRC in the 12-20 ms range.  Also, they would run a
relatively open network, i.e. possibly allowing uncertified, user
supplied devices.  EV-DO (no rev. A), as Verizon uses, has bandwidth but
delay at best around 150-200 ms.  I have no idea if Sprint has since
delivered but it sure sounded promising at the time.

On topic: as a TWC business class user, I sure hope they don't cap my
usage any time soon.  But I pay a multiple of the residential rate.
Here's hoping some decent FIOS coverage spreads in the Triangle...

Dave