[TriLUG] job postings @ HP in Cary (formerly Opsware): Server Automation support positions - Technical Solutions Consultant

Warren Myers volcimaster at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 14:23:33 EDT 2008

Good afternoon, folks. I work for HP, and we have a pair of advanced
technical support positions open in Cary. The description is below. The two
job id numbers are : 220175 204591. To apply, please visit
http://hp.com/go/jobs. The description is written a little oddly, and the
requirements section is potentially open for negotiation.
If you'd like to know more about the company, the product, or the position,
please contact me off-list: warren.myers at hp.com (work) or
volcimaster at gmail.com (home - preferred).

WMM

Description

Business Environment

HP/Opsware Inc. is seeking to hire a Software Support Engineer. The person
who fills this job will be responsible for working with the team of Opsware
Support Engineers to field, track, troubleshoot and resolve inbound
technical support requests from customers.

This position will involve significant interface (phone and email) with our
global customers, pre- and post-sales consulting engineers and the broader
engineering development team. We intend to fill this position immediately.

Note: Prior experience supporting enterprise software products is not
required – We are seeking highly technical (CS degree) & motivated
individuals with the technical acumen (and curiosity) to troubleshoot very
complex systems/software issues.

The current team is comprised of technical "rock-stars" who thrive on
solving deep technical problems that have stumped our customers and field
engineers! We are looking for self-starters who want to work in a place
where their efforts contribute directly to the success of a cutting-edge
enterprise software company.

Requirements:

Bachelor's Degree in CS or equivalent

3-5 years technical experience with Solaris, Linux, AIX or HP-UX

Scripting languages: Shell, Perl, Javascript, VB script

Oracle (DBA and/or application development)

Web-based applications (e.g., Apache, IIS, Weblogic)

Highly reliable self-starter; can-do attitude; able to work with minimal
supervision

Excellent oral and written communication skills

Willingness to carry a pager for rotating on-call responsibilities
after-hours

Interact directly via phone and email with Opsware customers to troubleshoot
and resolve technical problems relating to the Opsware product portfolio.

Interact directly with members of the Opsware engineering, product
management and services organizations to troubleshoot and manage the
escalation and resolution of product-related technical problems.

No requirement for on-site customer travel

Qualifications

Requirements:

Bachelor's Degree in CS or equivalent

3-5 *yearsSystems Administration* experience with Solaris, Linux, AIX or
HP-UX

*Scripting* languages: Shell, Perl, Javascript, VB script

Basic Networking knowledge, set up of DNS, DHCP

--

Warren Myers
http://warrenmyers.com