[TriLUG] MythTV on AppleTV slides, links, etc

Neil L. Little nllittle at embarqmail.com
Sat Jun 14 16:51:59 EDT 2008

Thanks for the presentation at the last meeting.

Im doing a little something different using one of those Linksys NSLU2
devices and a WinTV PVR USB.

Because MythTV would overload a Slug I found something that runs from a
web server using PHP scripts and VLC.
Its called Slugplayer and was modified from something called freebox. It
certainly doesnt have the processor requirements of MythTV's backend as
it is using VLC for that.

It does just about every thing MythTV does. There is one small issue.
Its in french.

The french part Im working on a little bit at a time.
No, I dont know french.

There is the internet, babelfish and french to english dictionaries. Its
the syntax that tears me up. Those folk talk different

73,
Neil, WA4AZL
JARS Forever!!