[TriLUG] Linux or OS X real-time weather

Greg Brown gwbrown1 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 22:11:24 EDT 2008

Hey all.  I've been looking into the possibility of GPS overlaid with
real-time in-car weather downloaded from XM Satellite just like I used to
get in my Cessna instrument panel.  Trouble is I'm not finding many
non-windows based solutions.  There has to be something out here.  True the
Buschnell handheld ** looks pretty cool and the price is right at $500.00
but I was hoping to display the data on a larger screen (i.e. laptop).  As
stated I'm not finding much in the Linux or OS X arenas.  Does anyone know
of any offerings for these platforms?  There has to be something out there.

Greg

**
http://www.bushnell.com/gps/gps.cfm?setcookie=yes&continent=North%20America&language=English&section=GPS&interest=