[TriLUG] log in issues

Douglas A. Whitfield douglasawh at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 00:19:17 EDT 2008

Possibly, but that's the case for ALL the users other than root.  Very
strange.  I even created a new admin user.

On the COSI list I got the suggestion to use fsck, but I'm not sure how that
would help.

I also saw this error message:
'xauth: error in locking authority file /home/whitdoug/.Xauthority'

I tried to do something with the login screens (I can't remember what, it's
late), but I got this error message:
'an error occurred while trying to contact the login screens.  Not all
updates may have taken effect'.

One of the things I installed trying to fix the hibernation issue was
acpi_support_0.91build2_i386.deb, but I wasn't exactly sure what I was
doing, I was just following some instructions.  I'd get the post on
ubuntuforums I was looking at, but that's more difficult since I'm not
logged on to my account any more....and I'm tired.  I'll look into it more
tomorrow.