[TriLUG] OT: Power supply/video card question

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Tue Jul 8 13:15:04 EDT 2008

On Tue, 8 Jul 2008, Owen wrote:

> You're right, I should make sure I meet the requirements - I have no
> recourse if I don't. Thanks for setting my head straight. :-)

The NVidia 8800 needs 500W. I've wondered if these
requirements are real too. So I went to the NVidia forums,
where there are stories by people whose machines would (I
think) occassionally freeze till they upgraded their power
supplies.

So I would guess the specs are real. The 500W PS from Intrex
is only $100.

Joe