[TriLUG] CDMA Repeater

Neil L. Little nllittle at embarqmail.com
Tue Jul 8 22:00:38 EDT 2008

well one thing you could do is put up a 800mhz yagi they cost betwee
$110-$150 and you can get them from tessco
www.tessco.com. Now the thing that is the issue these new fangled
consumer phones that fit in the palm of your hand and have real weannie
antennas and no connector. At one time you could use an sma type
connector to make it work. No more.

Another thing that folks used at one time were these devices that would
sniff out the external channels and assign one to phone in office
buildings. We had a few in the network but were all back in the analog
days. They also cost a bomb.

There are some folks that swear on passive repeaters. That is an antenna
outside and another on the inside. No active elements.

Another thought is to find your self a mobile booster and adapt it for a
fixed station application. They cost a bomb too, about $800 bucks.

73,
Neil, WA4AZL
JARS Forever!!
www.jars.net