[TriLUG] OT - Verizon stupidity - Re: CDMA Repeater

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Wed Jul 9 00:41:37 EDT 2008

Justis Peters wrote:
> Alan Porter wrote:
>>> Does anyone have a good repeater for the verizon network?
>>>
>> Legally? No.
>>
> It sucks that Verizon was that lame about the topic.

My father's company uses Verizon but the coverage is poor in their lab.
  They really wanted to be able to use cell phones productively within
the lab, since it's reasonably large and fixed phones are cumbersome in
such a situation.  They approached Verizon with the intent of *paying*
them to install a repeater in their building, but never could get anyone
to give them a quote.  They said there were too few subscribers in the
building for it to be worth it for them - despite the fact that the
company was willing to pay the full costs of the installation (and also
increase their usage of Verizon services as a result!).  Stupid, stupid.

So now they still make do with cordless land-line phones...

--Jeremy