[TriLUG] RMLUG-general Digest, Vol 31, Issue 3

Scott G. Hall ScottGHall at BellSouth.Net
Thu Jul 10 02:37:10 EDT 2008

[The following is forwarded from the Richmond Linux Users Group]

Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2008 00:26:42 -0400 From: Jim Nelson
<james4765 at gmail.com> Subject: Re: [rmlug-general] Hans Reiser leads
cops to wife's body. To: RMLUG General Discussion
<rmlug-general at rmlug.org> Jeff Davis wrote:

> > In case you missed it, as I did, Hans Reiser cut a deal with the D.A.
> > and led police to his wife's dead body.
> >
> > http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/07/07/BAN011LDR8.DTL
> >
> > Printable version:
> > http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/07/07/BAN011LDR8.DTL&type=printable
> >
> > I suppose this is only of peripherial interest at this point since I
> > don't know anyone who has actually used reiserfs for some years now.

Well, last I heard, some of the Namesys employees were looking to continue
development.  It might even get more support - Hand Reiser was infamous for
being abrasive and difficult to work with, and had some pretty onerous
requirements for submitting patches to th reiserfs code.

We'll see - IIRC, Slackware defaulted to reiserfs, but Red Hat-based distros
treat it as a bastard child.

Jim