[TriLUG] Vista

jason tower jtower at cerient.net
Thu Jul 10 15:57:44 EDT 2008

bear in mind that it is possible to run a small business without
quickbooks, act, or goldmine.  in fact you can run a small business
entirely without proprietary software if you really want to.  ask me how
i know :)

when i started cerient six years ago i chose not to use quickbooks et al
because i refused to let my business finances be locked to a single
vendor and their proprietary software and data format.  yes, i do have
to make some sacrifices in order to make this work but it can be done.
when it comes to open source software we don't just "talk the talk" we
"walk the walk".

jason