[TriLUG] Automatic Spell Checking in Linux

Douglas A. Whitfield douglasawh at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 20:54:52 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 9:01 AM, Michael Ham <michael at bakedhamgames.net>
wrote:

> So basically, does anyone know of a program that will perform all of that
> stuff automatically for a text file and then allow it to output a new large
> chunk of text with the changes made.

A lot of programs have a "replace all" feature.  I assume you want something
purely automated though, not something that asks you for each word though.
Seems like you could have some real issues doing something like that purely
automated, especially if there are proper nouns/acronyms involved.

FWIW, I was going to suggest Aspell too.

--
Douglas A. Whitfield

http://barcampmadison2.org/
Ask Me About Jobs at Epic!