[TriLUG] help: Fedora constantly hitting disk

Lance A. Brown lance at bearcircle.net
Mon Jul 21 21:56:52 EDT 2008

Tim Jowers said the following on 7/21/2008 9:50 PM:
> It looks like I have two separate problems. One of the continuous USB log
> msg and one to do with Gnome. If I do not login, then the problem does not
> occur. Someone on the net said it was the Gnome search tool but I haven't
> found where to configure this little bugger and it does not show up with a
> clear name in top.
>
> Tim

IIRC, the Gnome search is called beagle.  Many people bitched about it
when it was first introduced because it aggressively indexed their
drives.  Easiest way to stop it is probably to check for any RPMs with
'beagle' in the name and remove them.

--[Lance]

--
  GPG Fingerprint: 409B A409 A38D 92BF 15D9 6EEE 9A82 F2AC 69AC 07B9
  CACert.org Assurer