[TriLUG] Oh cool my router runs Linux!!!

Brian Phelps brphelps at ieee.org
Wed Jul 30 11:01:48 EDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-07-30 at 10:27 -0400, David A. Cafaro wrote:
> LOL, yeah, I tried one of those Linksys, would lock up every other
> day.  Went back to Netgear for steady connections.
This was among many big problems at first when Linksys moved from Linux
to Vxworks to save a few pennies on RAM/Flash.  I wonder if this really
saved them $$ in the long run.  Probably did because people still bought
Linksys partially based on their reliable reputation, not knowing that
Linksys had completely changed whats under the hood.