[TriLUG] OT: getting liability insurance

Matt Frye mattfrye at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 09:06:03 EDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 9:01 AM, Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack at wm7d.net> wrote:
> What do you guys do for liability insurance? How much do you
> pay? Since I don't have any intention of causing loss of
> income or damage, should I have a high deductable?

When I was consulting, I used Nationwide.  It was about $100/month,
but that covered 3 or 4 people working full time.  You can probably
get it for yourself for much less.

Re deductible, it really doesn't matter what you *intend* to do.  Of
course, it's about risk.  If you feel a particular implementation is
low risk, you can probably go with a high deductible to keep your
rates down.  Also, consider the client's likelihood to litigate.  If
the project goes terribly south, are they likely to sue you?  There
are many ways to mitigate that risk, but it's definitely a factor.

MPF