[TriLUG] WRT54G

Randy Barlow randy at electronsweatshop.com
Fri Aug 1 19:22:06 EDT 2008

On Fri, 1 Aug 2008 15:49:28 -0700 (PDT), Patrick Brewer
<patwbrewer at yahoo.com> declared:
> If so what is a good, reliable distro for it?
>
> I am tired to having to reboot it every few days when my internet
> access begins to crawl.  Not sure what happens but a reboot of the
> ROUTER speeds everything up again.

DD-WRT has a setting for the maximum number of TCP connections.  I got
the impression that you may be running the stock firmware, but I
thought I would point this out because I ran into similar behavior when
our TCP connection quota was filled.  I believe the default in DD-WRT
was 500, and I've got one of those Bit Torrent type roommates who
easily consumed that.  Bumping it to 2000 (or was it 4000?) solved the
issue...

--
Randy Barlow
http://electronsweatshop.com