[TriLUG] Apache Virtual hosts

Ron Young ronyoung at nc.rr.com
Sun Aug 3 16:17:13 EDT 2008

Situation:

CentOS 4.6
Apache 2.0.63
PHP 5.1.6
No DNS in the home environment: I point DNS to RR.
DynDNS points internet DNS to my home router which redirects to my home
server.

I am attempting to set up name-based vhosting.

I have a /var/www/html/index.html file containing a simple set of links.

There is a /var/www/html/jobest/index.php that is the first file in my app.

With my apache configured as in the attached file I only get the
/var/www/html/index.html file served no matter what I put in the browser
address such as http://prismsts.com/jobest or httpd://jobest.prismsts.com.

Can someone please tell me why the attached http.conf.done (comments
stripped out version of httpd.conf) file does not yield my desired result?

Many thanks in advance.

--
Ron Young
919-621-9015