[TriLUG] Password management software

Robert Dale robdale at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 12:58:41 EDT 2008

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 11:37 AM, David Brain <dbrain at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Anyone have a good recommendation for some decent password management
> software - there's seemingly vast quantities of it out there, but I've
> yet to find something that meets my fairly reasonable (to me anyway)
> requirements.  These are:
>
> 1. Multi-user - must be able to support at least two levels of user.
> So for example users can store/view their own passwords, but not see
> those of others, but an 'admin' user can see all passwords.
> 2. Cross platform.  Must be accessible from at  linux,os x, windows.
> Web would be one solution, java would also be good.
> 3. Decent encryption - there are too many 'solutions' out there that
> don't even document how they encrypt data.
>
> That's it - OSS would be good, but is by no means required.

I use KeePass - http://keepass.info

Like PasswordSafe, it's not really multi-user, but you could use two
sets of databases.  Also, if you were to change passwords, holders of
the database would have to resync.

It's very crossplatform, including mobile devices.

AES is its main encryption.

Is OSS.

--
Robert Dale