[TriLUG] Middle School and High School Linux project ideas?

Kevin Hunter hunteke at earlham.edu
Thu Aug 7 13:46:35 EDT 2008

At 8:50a -0700 on Thu, 07 Aug 2008, Warren Myers wrote:
> Check out the materials on Shodor's website: they have a wealth of math,
> science, and tech stuff for kids: http://shodor.org.

Yeah, I had no idea what a quality product Shodor put out.  I've had the
opportunity to be involved with Bob Panoff this past summer teaching
some workshops, and the amass of *quality* stuff Shodor has is amazing.

In fact, Shodor is a non-profit about mentoring middle-school and
high-school kids with a technology focus.  I do mean this.  This is what
Shodor is about.  Give them a call.

Related, take a look at the CSERD library: http://www.shodor.org/cserd/

On the other hand, what kinds of things do you want to do?  Looking at
some of the other responses ... are you trying to teach core subject
stuffs?  Or are you trying to garner an interest in open source stuffs?
 Shodor is about using tools for the former.  If you're interested in
the latter, you may want to look elsewhere.

Kevin

P.S.  I'm interested in what kinds of stuff you end up doing.  Please do
keep us informed.