[TriLUG] Middle School and High School Linux project ideas?

Judy Hallman hallman at email.unc.edu
Thu Aug 7 16:54:06 EDT 2008

Forwarding a message from "Mark R. Smith" <w4chl at rtpnet.org> -- Judy

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Fw: [Fwd: [TriLUG] Middle School and High School Linux project
ideas?]
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 16:09:16 -0400 (EDT)
From: Mark W4CHL <RTPnet-w4chl at sneakemail.com>
To: hallman at email.unc.edu

Shawn,

There are a number of people who have brought robotics based exercises
into the schools, particularly middle schools, as part of EWeek. Check
out EWeek.org,  and our local NC-EWeek.org is starting to prepare for
the 2009 EWeek visit cycle. The EWeek.org site has links to many actual
hands-on activities including some on robotics and linkages into the
math and science curricula in the schools.

We also have an upcoming session at the NC Museum of Life and Science in
Durham on 16Aug, come talk to our team which usually includes at least
one hands-on robotics demo see:
http://www.ncmls.org/visit/events/engineerday

The museum day is targeted toward upper elementary kids, but the
presenters are core EWeek  volunteers. We welcome you coming out and
talking with us though at present we aren't seeking any more volunteers.

Cheers de Mark
Mark Smith   C3H IT Services IT Architect