[TriLUG] Updating Ubuntu

Dave Sorenson dave at logicalgeek.com
Wed Aug 13 13:42:48 EDT 2008

I have a second drive installed for all my data.  /home is on it as well
as my MySQL data files and a copy of /etc

When I upgrade , all I have to do is reset the mount point for home and
I have the modified /etc files to refer to to get all the accounts and
services restored.
 This has worked well for 3 different upgrades.

Dave